WELCOME...

...to the personal blog of Kynan Pearson. You might know me from my work on the Metroid Prime Series, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Halo 4. This blog is here so I can share some of my design philosophies, dump some ideas and post some of my random art. These are all my views and do not represent those of my employer.

SubtractiveDesign@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/KynanPearson

Monday, January 7, 2013

Imaginary Worlds


It's fun to create little imaginary worlds that set up everything you need to know in a single image. Before getting started trying to think up new ideas for a game, cartoon or story try sketching up some random assortment of areas and characters. It doesn't matter if it's drawn well or not. Just finish something so you have somewhere to start then make up some stories and details about what you could do with it all. It's a fun little exercise that doesn't take much time and can inspire newer better things from there.

This is from about a year ago. I put together this idea with about 2 hours of sketching. It is made up of two separate images that I thought would be interesting to combine. I like some bits more than others but I think I can do something better using some of these ideas. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment